The Dixie II+ is a larger variant of the classic Dixie II. Using the same great triangle core oscillator, it adds a number of features to make it even more versatile with only a modest increase in size. The DixieII+ makes a great primary oscillator for a modular system, or a great companion the Rubicon.
* 8-position octave switch for quick setting of course tuning.
* Fine tuning knob that turns to a coarse knob when in LFO mode.
* Dual FM inputs, with FM1 attenuator and switch to select between exponential and linear mode.
* Pulse width control with attenuator.
* Reset to 0 V hard sync input, ideal for percussive sounds or modulation.
* Flip sync circuit similar to but improved from the Dixie II.
* 6 waveform outputs: sine, triangle, zigzag, saw, pulse and suboctave.
The core of the VCO is borrowed from famous Russian synth Polivoks VCO and in exponential converter we use the original matched transistor IC that was used in Polivoks. But there are significant updated schematics to have the most out of your modular setup.
Erica Synths DIY Modulator is 35mm deep, skiff friendly, has solid mechanical construction and doesn’t require wiring.
The Modulator essentially is LFO with simultaneous triangle and square wave outputs, clockable S&H with external CV input and noise source. A kit comes with two versions of noise generator – simple, transistor-based and more complex Zener diode-based one. Latest provides perfect, full spectrum white noise.
LFO with triangle and pulse wave outputs
Choice of transistor-based or Zener diode-based noise generator for massive, full spectrum white noise
Polivoks VCF is famous for its’ crazy resonance sweeps and deep, bassy sound which makes it ideal for acid basslines.
We believe, this is one of most is one of most authentic sounding famous Russian synth Polivoks VCF emulations available. The original Russian ICs K140UD12 are used in the sound circuit. We did several updates to adapt the VCF for contemporary modular synth demands. Independently buffered inputs, extended Cutoff knob range, eliminated clicks, when switching filter modes, and output stage added to eliminate signal inversion.